Installing Live Assist
Live Assist must be installed via the Applications tab in the Dynamics 365 Administration Center.
There is a best practices article for how to install Live Assist correctly here.
1. Don't try to install via the Dynamics 365 Administration Center solutions page as this will only install the underlying package and not configure the system correctly.
If you do this by mistake delete the solution from the "Dynamics365 -> settings -> solutions" page and contact firstname.lastname@example.org as remedial work will need to be done to rectify the situation.
In future versions of Dynamics 365 Live Assist install from the solutions page will be disabled.
2. Don't install a 2nd version of Live Assist from the Applications tab in the Dynamics 365 Administration Center.
Sometimes a 2nd version may appear in the Applications list if you have got an additional version of Live Assist from App Source. Installing both will causes problems so please just ignore one of the applications.
3. Don't install Live Assist without using the default email attachment file size If you have previously reduced the file size the live assist provisioning may fail so please ensure the file size is at least the default value 5120. You can again reduce this once the installation has fully completed.
Go to Settings -> Administration -> System Settings ->Email -> file size for attachments
If lower than 5120 please put the value at 5120, which is the default value.
How changes to your 365 instance effect Live Assist
The Live Assist Application and Dynamics 365 Organization life cycles are not fullyintegrate with each other. The following Dynamics 365 Organization changes will currently break Live Assist.
- Delete the Live Assist solutions as you won't be able to reinstall without remedial help from the support team at email@example.com.
- Restore the Dynamics instance to a point before Live Assist was installed and try to reinstall Live Assist. Again you will need remedial help from the support team.
- We have also seen issues when Live Assist is installed on a sandbox org which is then switched to a production instance.
Tagging Your Site
To enable Live Assist on your site, you should copy and embed the tags found in the Live Assist Admin Center. There are also tags available in the Live Assist Engagement Portal, but these should not be used. If you deploy the incorrect tags, your CRM users will not receive correctly routed chats.
There is a best practices article for how to use your Live Assist tags correctly here.
Within the Live Assist Engagement Portal there are three references to tags that you should not use. These are called out in the images below.
Comments are disabled on these articles if you require help contact: firstname.lastname@example.org