Engagement Attributes configuration is located in the Data Sources page, accessed from the Campaigns footnote.
The data can be sent to Live Assist using one of the following methods:
- Extracting from the page using Live Assist's scraping tool
Extracting from the page using Live Assist's scraping tool
This option requires no code, and assumes the information exists on your webpage. To track Engagement Attributes, follow the steps described below.
1. Login to Live Assist. At the top of the page, click Campaigns, and then, in the footnote, click Data Sources. The Data Sources page is displayed.
2. Click Configuration next to the relevant Engagement Attributes category.The Configuration page is displayed for the relevant category.
3. For each property, select how to extract the information.The following options are available:
- HTML element by class name o HTML element by ID
To track Engagement Attributes, follow the steps described below.
1. Insert the Engagement Attribute declaration in a script tag, either at the end of the Live Assist tag script, or in a separate script tag just after.
2. Insert the push function below the declaration and add the type of Engagement Attribute, for example, “prodView”.
The push method expects a JSON format.
The JSON structure is unique to each Engagement Attribute. The appropriate format for
each Engagement Attribute can be found in Types of Engagement Attributes section below.
3. Validate the code by going to the visitor page and simulating the visitor actions that trigger an event.
Example for data that is sent when a visitor views “Asics Women's GT 2000 4”: