Pinpoint your customers needs before connecting with them instead of investing unnecessary energy collecting this information during the chat...
Imagine a consumer walking into a local smartphone accessory shop looking for a charger, and while he’s looking for the relevant aisle, a salesperson approaches and hands him three relevant chargers to choose from.
Wouldn't it be wonderful to know what your consumer is looking for before you start talking to them? Well, you can do that by utilizing the pre-chat surveys in chat and messaging.
With Live Assist, you can use pre-chat surveys to gather information about your consumer’s needs before interacting with them, thereby providing them with better personalized service.
Furthermore, pre-chat surveys increase the chances of a quality chat, filtering out non-relevant visitors who might have clicked the chat invite automatically, saving you time and money.
Remember, this is your chance to get information that you would otherwise have to ask for when talking to them later, such as their name or customer number. Having this information at hand when beginning the conversation can speed up your service and improve the customer experience you provide.
When defining the pre-chat survey questions, we recommend asking for the following information:
- Name - referring to your consumer by name is the first step to a meaningful connection.
- E-mail - so you can later follow up on their request / send them the chat transcript.
- Account / client number - if you need their assigned client number for identification.
- Order ID - if you provide post-sale service and you want to bring up the order details in advance.
- Address / Country - if you operate in several countries and offer different services accordingly.
- Routing question - if you want the consumer to choose which department they would like to contact.
- Issue / comments - if you want to allow the consumer to describe the reason they are contacting you.
Consider which questions are mandatory and which are optional (we suggest no more than three be mandatory) and remember to keep it short - you don’t want to overburden your consumers with a long survey.
While creating an engagement within a campaign, add a pre-chat survey and define the information you would like to receive from the consumer prior to the chat by following these steps:
1. Select the Engagement window and then click "view" to open the Engagement window studio.
2. In the Engagement window studio, select Pre-chat survey:
3. Click the Survey list (A) and then + New survey (B):
4. Click the question you wish to edit:
5. Type in your Question (A), select the Question type (B), check the Required question (C) if you
want it to be mandatory, and click Done (D):
6. When you finish editing the survey, click Save on the bottom right.
Viewing the Pre-Chat survey information within the chat
The pre-chat survey and other contextual information is available by clicking the "arrow" next to the clients name in the chat widget. This expands an area with some basic contextual information and by clicking "View More..." you can see the pre-chat info and other contextual data.
Note: The way contextual data is displayed to agents will be improved in the next release in June 2018.
Comments are disabled on these articles if you require help contact: email@example.com