You've seen how Live Assist and Dynamics 365 can be used in tandem to enhance the agent experience. What you may not know, however, is that Dynamics 365 provides another add-on intended to support the customer experience. This tool is referred to as the Customer Portal, or more simply, "The Portal".
The Portal makes it possible for a customer to get the support she seeks without having to engage an agent. This can reduce frustration on the part of the customer, while simultaneously reducing impact on the contact center. Once logged in to The Portal, a customer can:
- Create a profile
- Access the knowledge base
- Participate in forum discussions
- Open and manage support tickets
A large enterprise client might already have a support portal in place, but even so, there are several reasons why you may wish to enable the Dynamics Portal:
- Embed the Live Assist customer widget without IT intervention.
- Support the "authenticated chat" use case, which results in a contact record "pop" on the agent side.
- Support the Live Assist knowledge base integration.
All of this is managed by Dynamics 365 in a web portal hosted on Azure. Getting started is easy - simply follow the instructions listed here.
Comments are disabled on these articles if you require help contact: email@example.com