This article will show how to embed Chat into your Customer Portal created by Dynamics 365.
1. Install the latest version of Live Assist for Dynamics 365, using either the Installation Guide (new customers) or the Upgrade Guide (existing customers). (You must have CRM package version 220.127.116.11 or higher installed to use the Messaging Platform.)
Note: Live Chat is the legacy platform for engagements.
2. Enable a Customer Portal.
How to Embed Chat into the Customer Portal
Retrieving the Code Snippet
To enable Chat, embed the HTML tag found in your Live Assist Administration Portal. To retrieve the HTML tag that activates Live Assist:
- Log in to the Live Assist Admin Center. (This link shows how to get to your Live Assist Portal.)
- Click on Get Started.
- On the Congratulations page, click Start. On this new page, Add the Code Snippet to Website, and click on the Copy button to add the HTML tag to your clipboard.
Tip: Paste this code on a separate notepad before you succeed. This allows for easy access as you proceed.
Embedding Chat on the Unified Interface
To enable Chat, embed the HTML tag in your Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Portal using the Unified Interface as follows:
- Go to Microsoft Dynamics 365 and open the Portal Management App.
- Under Active Websites, click on the name of your portal.
- Click on the tab Content Snippets.
- In the Filter by Keyword, type in Chat Widget Code.
- In the box Type, change HTML to Text.
- Paste the Live Assist code snippet HTML tag into the Value field.
See: Retrieving the code snippet
- In the box Type, change Text to HTML. (See step 5 for reference to first change.)
- Once complete, click Save and Close.
- Within minutes, The Live Assist Chat widget appears in your Customer Portal: