Retrieving the code snippet
To retrieve the HTML tag that you use to activate Live Assist:
- Log in to the Live Assist Admin Center
- Click on Get Started.
- Advance, until you find the Code Snippet page.
- Click on the Copy button to add the HTML tag to your clipboard.
- Next, enable chat by embedding this HTML tag in your Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Portal, as detailed below.
Embedding chat on the Unified Interface
To enable chat, embed the HTML tag in your Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Portal using the Unified Interface as follows:
- Sign in to Power Apps.
- Choose your Environment at the top right.
- Click on Apps in the left-hand menu and select your Portal.
- Click on Settings in the top menu.
- Click on Administration. It will open a new tab.
- Under Portal Details, confirm your portal is configured as required, and that the correct portal is selected:
- Click Update, and wait for your portal to update—this may take a long time.
- Go back into Microsoft Dynamics 365 and open the Portal Management App.
- Click on Customer Portal.
- Complete the details for the Primary Domain.
- Click on the tab Content Snippets.
- Click on Chat Widget Code.
- Click on Type and change it from HTML to Text.
- Paste the Live Assist code snippet HTML tag into the Value field.
See: Retrieving the code snippet
- Click on Type and change it back from Text to HTML.
- At the bottom right corner of the window, click Save.
- Within minutes, The Live Assist chat widget appears in your Customer Portal: