Your engagement may not be shown to visitors for many reasons, including the following:
- Incorrect Live Assist tags
- Agent unavailability
- Campaign configuration
Verify your Live Assist tags
To check the Live Assist tag is on your webpage:
- Right-click anywhere on a webpage you expect your engagement to appear.
- Click View Page Source
- Find cafexAssistBootstrap on the source window that opens in a new tab
To verify you have the correct Live Assist tag on your webpage:
- Check the Live Assist tag on your webpage.
- The tag includes your current account number.
To find your account number see: Finding your account number.
- Verify your account number is present in the page source.
If you reinstall Live Assist you need to update your Live Assist tags with a new account number.
If you add the shortcode tag or Live engagement tag instead of the Live Assist chat tag to your webpage, visitors cannot see your engagement. To add the correct tag for chat engagements see: How to Enable Chat on Your Site.
Visitors do not see your engagement if:
- There are no agents online.
- The agents are unavailable.
- No agents have an appropriate skill to handle the engagement.
- and you have disabled offline engagement behavior.
To see the number of active agent:
- Visit the Engagement Portal
- From Engage > Agent Workspace For Chat click Agents tab
When agents are online, the engagement may not show, if the current chats reaches the value of Max Concurrency
To set the routing skills of an engagement:
- In the Engagement Portal
- Under Engage > Campaign Builder select campaigns and select the Engagement, then Engagement settings, set Routing
To enable an offline element:
- Open the Engagement studio
- Enable Offline
Engagements do not display if:
- The campaign time frame restricts the engagement
- The Visitor behavior rules you define disable the campaign
If the visitor views your webpage outside of the Campaign time frame, they will not see your engagement. To verify a campaign time frame:
- Go to Campaign time frame
- Set Active days and hours to All hours.
Important: Visitors do not see offline engagements outside of a campaign time frame.
Visitor behavior rules can restrict the display of engagements
To verify your visitor behavior:
- Go to the Visitor behavior library
- Set the behavior to All behaviors
Visitors cannot see your engagement if:
- They do not match your target audience
- Your restricted entry point to the engagement
Important: Exact matches of URLs are case-sensitive.