With the agent file-sharing feature of Live Assist Messaging, agents and bots are now enabled to share files with consumers from a local file browser to respond to queries that can be better explained using images (e.g. a screenshot for technical support or a product photo for sales inquiries).
Note: To enable the Agent file-sharing capability on your Live Assist Messaging account, please reach out to your Account Director.
Once the feature is already enabled at the backend, additional settings below are required to configure by the Administrator on the Engagement Portal.
- Enablement of the File sharing feature from the Night vision.
- Enablement of the File sharing permissions from the Agent Profile.
- Activation of the File Sharing feature from the Management Console.
Enablement of the File Sharing Feature from the Night vision
To enable the agent file-sharing capability, this feature must be enabled via Night Vision.
1. On the Engagement Portal, click on the Night Vision icon in the top right corner.
2. List of settings will be displayed on the Night Vision dashboard. On the File sharing section, click the Edit button.
3. Turn on the Agent file sharing enabled option to enable the feature and then hit Save.
Enablement of the File Sharing Permissions from the Agent Profile
The agent file-sharing capability is permission-based. After the back-end enablement of the file-sharing feature, new permissions will be added to both agent and agent manager profiles:
- Send files to consumers from the local file browser
- Send files to consumers from custom widgets
These permissions are disabled by default. To enable these permissions, the following steps should be implemented.
1. On the left panel of the Engagement Portal, go to the Manage users and skills section. Select the Profiles tab and then click on Agent.
2. Enable the permissions Send files to consumers from the local file browser & Send files to consumers from custom widgets and then hit the Save button.
3. Do the same procedure on the Agent Manager profile.
Activation of the File Sharing Feature from the Management Console.
To fully enable the File Sharing feature, this must be activated via the Management Console of the Engagement Portal.
1. Go to the Management Console section and search the File Sharing feature on the search bar.
2. The feature is not activated by default. Hit the Click to activate button to enable this feature in the Management Console.
3. Confirm the activation process by choosing the Yes, activate option.
4. The feature is now enabled in the system.
Using the File-sharing feature
1. Initiate a messaging conversation to be able to use the file-sharing feature of Live Assist Messaging. On the Agent Widget, click on the paper clip icon to start sharing a file with the consumer.
2. The local file browser dialog will be displayed. Choose a file that will be shared with the consumer.
3. The attachment will be presented in the widget and the agent will be able to add a caption before sending the file. Hit the paper plane icon if the file is ready to be sent.
4. Once sent, the file will be displayed on the Agent Widget as well as on the consumer side and it's now ready for download.
5. The customer may already view the shared file.
- Supported file types: JPEG, JPG, PNG, GIF, PDF, DOCx, XLSx, PPTx.
- The capability is currently supported only on Web Messaging, Apple Messages for Business, and WhatsApp Business.
- The file size will be limited to 5MB.
- Authenticated consumers who receive a file from an agent over the web will see an empty line in the native app if the file was sent without a caption or only the caption.