Live Assist for Microsoft Dynamics 365 (from the 3.10 update) supports the transfer of files from agents to visitors who have begun a chat engagement. This feature is not available in prior releases of Live Assist. Alternatively, you can use Co-browse Document Share to display and guide visitors through documents in real-time. File Transfer allows visitors to download and store the selected files.
Enabling File Transfer
File Transfer is enabled when an organizations is created. If you have upgraded to Live Assist 3.10, as an administrator, you can enable File Transfer for your agents using the
Live Assist Admin Portal.
See: Configure Features
Live Assist requires that the script-tags used to enable the functionality are up to date to support this feature. The tag used on your web sites must be the latest version.
For details on how to retrieve your tags, see: Getting Started: Enabling Chat
Instructions for Agents
For steps for Agents to follow, see: How to Transfer Files with visitors
- The files that an Agent selects are temporarily held within the Live Assist for Microsoft Dynamics 365 solution. All files are scoped to only be accessed from within the current engagement.
- The file name that the visitor's browser is pointed to for the download is left unchanged.
- When the engagement ends, the file is immediately deleted. Typically, a file is stored for no longer than 30 minutes after it is uploaded. The visitor cannot download a file after 30 minutes, nor after the engagement ends, because it has been deleted. In addition, we ensure that all files are purged from the solution within 24 hours.
Overriding the Default Transfer Behavior
- Agents may select any file from their local machine to share with visitors.
- Files must be less than 100 MB in size.
- Files names are left unchanged.