Before installing Live Assist for USD, complete the following:
- Start a Live Assist trial, or purchase a license;
- Provision Unified Service Desk (USD) on your Dynamics 365 instance.
- You need to be a CRM administrator to enable Live Assist for USD (the same rights that you need to start a Live Assist trial).
- If you are installing to an extended USD, see: Issues installing CBA Live Assist into existing extended USD environments
- Installing Live Assist for USD performs a reinstallation of the complete Live Assist package—if you have made modifications or customizations to your CRM instance, back up and sandbox the process before re-provisioning.
To install the USD Package into your Live Assist for Microsoft Dynamics 365 environment, visit AppSource and complete the Provisioning Form again.
To install Live Assist for USD:
- Visit the Microsoft Azure AppSource, and Search for Live Assist:
- Click Free Trial:
- This returns you to the Live Assist provisioning form. Select your Dynamics 365 instance from the list:
- The steps so far are the same as if you were starting a new trial, but this step is where the process begins to differ. Notice the spinning Instance loading indicator on the right of the display while the system looks up your instance details.
- The system loads your details, then disables the Contact email field, as your organization already has a default contact for Live Assist.
As you have already provisioned USD, the Install Live Assist ... for Unified Service Desk checkbox is now enabled. Check this box, and check the additional box to agree to the License Terms, then submit the form.
- A message is displayed at the top of the screen to inform you that provisioning is in progress. Normally within an hour, Live Assist Support sends an email to the primary contact. Follow the instructions in the email to complete the provisioning process.
When you have installed the Live Assist USD package, the core components of Live Assist are available for integration into the rest of your USD configuration. The Live Assist USD package does not come pre‑configured, so you need to first modify your USD configuration to load the Live Assist agent application.
When the agent application is loaded, for more information on the Events produced by the agent application, and the Actions made available by the application in order to create the desired Live Assist agent experience, see the following articles.
To enable Live Assist for USD: