Aspects of user management for the Live Assist for Microsoft Dynamics 365 solution are administered in Microsoft Dynamics 365, while other aspects are defined in Live Assist Engagement Portal.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM administration user functions are:
- Create new CRM users
- Provision CRM users
- Enable and disable CRM users
- Delete CRM users
See also: How to Create a User
Live Assist Engagement Portal administration user functions are:
- Set Nickname (Note: Setting the nickname for bots must not be done here but is instead done when adding the bot via the Live Assist Admin portal)
- Set Maximum Chat Limit
- Allocate Skills
- Set Name (Not ID part, see below)
To manage Live Assist Users and Skills, go to the Users section of the Live Assist Engagement Portal.
• New users added directly through Live Assist Engagement Portal will be automatically deleted on a daily basis. Users added in this way may encounter difficulties with the Dynamics SSO and may not be able to handle chats in Dynamics.
• While you are technically able to delete users through the Live Assist Engagement Portal users list, you should refrain from doing so. Deleting users will break the SSO and their ability to take chats in Dynamics and/or access Live Assist from Dynamics.
• Do not remove the long bracketed ID from the Name field as it will break some parts of integration with Dynamics 365 users, for example, agent transfer. To recover the ID remove all Live Assist roles and toggle them back on via the Live Assist Administrators portal.
Defining the maximum number of chats per agent
An important setting you can control in Live Assist is chat concurrency: This is the maximum number of chats an agent can handle at the same time. We recommend agents start with two concurrent chats and progress to more as they become more proficient and comfortable.
To define the maximum number of chats per agent:
- On the Users list, click the user (agent) you would like to edit.
- In the Edit user page, define the maximum number of chats for this agent by selecting a number from the drop-down box.
- Click Save.
On this page, you can also assign an agent to a skill. You can assign the agent to an existing skill, or create a new skill, automatically assigning this agent to the new skill.
Your agents are trained to help visitors according to your business needs. An agent’s area of expertise is referred to as a Skill. Creating Skills ensures that your consumers are connected to the agent that is best qualified to assist them.
To create a skill:
- In the Manage section, click on Users & Skills, then select Skills. Click +Add skill.
- On the Add Skill page, enter a name and description for the new skill and click Save.
You can also create a new skill when you edit a user, as described in the previous section.