In order to protect your online security and the safety of your agents, it may become necessary on occasion to block an IP address, or a group of IP addresses. For example, if your platform is being attacked by malicious software or if your agents are having trouble with abusive customers.
By creating a Target Audience excluding a specific IP address or set of addresses, engagements will not be visible to users of those addresses and they will not have the option to chat.
A Target Audience can also be created with the inclusion of specific IP addresses. For example, if you have created a test environment and want to ensure that only people from within your team have access to the engagement.
To exclude/include an IP address (or range of IP addresses):
1. In the Engagement Portal, navigate to an existing campaign, (or create a new campaign by clicking Add Campaign, and giving your campaign a name and a goal).
2. Under Target audience, click edit.
4. In Target Audience library, click Add new.
5. Give the Target Audience a name.
6. On the left-hand side options bar, click on IP range.
Here you have the option of including or excluding IP addresses:
- To include an IP address or range of addresses, click Include IP range and enter addresses. To include only one address, enter it twice.
- To exclude an IP address or range of addresses, enter addresses in the Exclude IP range area. To exclude only one address, enter it twice.
- Additional addresses or ranges can be added by clicking Add IP range.
(here is an example of how you would exclude anyone attempting to reach you from the external IP 22.214.171.124).