Failures during the provisioning of Live Assist for Microsoft Dynamics 365 occur for several reasons. Before restarting your installation our Customer Support Team must reset your account.
When your account is reset, Customer Support contacts you during normal office hours to proceed with the following remedial actions:
- Verify your configuration compatibility between Live Assist and your Dynamics 365 organization:
- Follow the correct installation procedure:
- Attempt to install after a temporary issue with the Microsoft Dynamics environment at the time of your installation:
- See: Other Failures
Remove and start a new installation
- To remove your existing Live Assist solution, in Microsoft Dynamics 365 go to Settings > Solutions and delete the List Assist solution.
- Before starting a new installation
- Provision a new Live Assist solution following the steps found on How to Start a Trial. Do so in an incognito browser window to avoid dirty session problems.
Resolving a configuration incompatibility
Two common configuration incompatibilities occur with:
- The Field Service solution.
- The Sports Management solution.
Resolving the Field Service incompatibility
The Field Service solution incompatibility relates to the field service database version.
To resolve the issue take the following steps:
- Go to Field Service > Administration > Field Service Settings
- Click on the ellipsis (or three dots) and open the Form Editor
- Put a Database Version field on the form
- Click Save and then Publish
- Go to the Field Service Settings, if there is no Database Version, update the Database Version value to 1.
Important: Only update to 1 if there the Database Version value is NOT set. Do not overwrite an existing version number.
- To provision Live Assist successfully, the Live Assist support team has to reset your organization. Customer Support will contact you to help you with this.
- Once your organization is reset, you will need to remove and start a new installation.
Resolving the Sports Management incompatibility
Microsoft Dynamics 365 support has identified an incompatibility within the Sports Management solution. If you have already installed Sports Management, then the Live Assist install may fail.
- Remove Sports Management
- Follow the steps in: Remove and install a new installation
- Install a new Sports Management solution.
Our Customer Support team will contact you to provide you with further guidance to resolve the error. If this is not the first time the installation fails, we will likely ask you to raise a Service Request with the Microsoft Dynamics 365 support team to determine the nature of the failure.