Getting to know the Live Assist Engagement Portal
If you are a Live Assist Administrator, you will be able to access the Live Assist Engagement Portal. At the Navigation Bar on the left side of your screen, you can access the different areas of the platform. The navigation bar is intent-driven and divided into 4 sections:
- Automate - All things AI and Automation related features.
- Engage - Connect with your customers.
- Optimize - Everything Analytics can be found here.
- Manage - This is where you govern and manage the Conversational Cloud.
- Agent Workspace for Messaging: allows you to receive more information about your visitors in messaging conversation type so you can assist them more effectively and efficiently.
- Agent Workspace for Live Chat: View your current website visitors, and their visit and chat information.
- Manager Workspace: This provides a centralized location for the data and agent information needed to manage a shift. It was designed for messaging only. It includes only messaging data and messaging agents' performance (chat data, agents, and KPI’s are not included).
See also: The New Manager Tools
In this document, we will review the information, actions, and settings you can view and define in each area.
Viewing visitors and history
The Agent Workspace for Chat area is divided into three sections:
- Web Visitors
- Web History
- Agents list
The Web Visitors list displays all visitors currently on your website, along with the relevant agents who they are currently chatting with.
The Web History tab displays a list of web chat history. Information about the agent and the visitor is captured here. For example, data such as the Visitors' browser, the duration of the chat, and the pre-chat-survey can be reviewed. The entire chat transcript is also stored. All of the information can be exported as a CSV or JSON file for statistical analysis.
• This is where a supervisor would go to view historical chat data.
• Engagements that do not have any visitor chat content will not be displayed in the Supervisor extract. They can be still be displayed via the search option and all are displayed in dynamics chat activity lists.
• An agent would have access to historical chats within the agent widget in Dynamics.
• To see another Agent's Chat History, you must be a Manager of their Agent Group (See: Agent Groups - The Basics for steps to assign Managers to Agent Groups).
The Agents list displays details about the agents in their current status, the skill they belong to, and the number of concurrent chats set for each agent. The data is provided in real-time and is refreshed every 10 seconds.
The data bar across the top provides an overview of the status and performance of the agents, and the columns provide the following detailed information:
- Agent status (Online, Back Soon, or Away)
- The length of time they have been in their current status
- Name of the Agents
- Group where the agent belongs
- Skill(s) assigned to the agent
- Number of chats that are currently being handled by the agent
- Maximum concurrent chats that the agent can handle
Using the orange filter icon the same view can be used to filter on Agents in different states:
- Back Soon
Note: You can only view agents in one of the 3 states at a time. You can not view all the agents across the 3 states at a time.
This is where you can manage and build campaigns, monitor campaign performance and maximize campaign performance. See: Creating and Managing Campaigns
Note: The other sections warrant their own knowledge base articles. You can find some of them in About Live Assist Section.