To use Live Assist for Microsoft Dynamics 365 in a Dynamics 365 Organization with the new Unified Interface, you need to configure the Unified Interface to display the Live Assist Agent Application.
- Upgrading to the latest version of Live Assist
- Unified Interface restrictions
- Which platforms and browsers are supported?
- Channel Integration Framework (CIF) does not support Internet Explorer
To enable Live Assist when using the Unified Interface:
- Install the Channel Integration Framework (CIF).
See: Getting the Channel Integration Framework
- Open the Channel Integration Framework application
- Create a new Channel Provider record.
- Enter the following information:
|Field||Value to enter|
|Name||Live Assist for 365|
|Label||Live Assist for 365|
Set the Agent Widget URL to:
Replace the following:
[region] with your Live Assist Region
[OrgID] with your Live Assist Organization ID
|Enable Outbound Communication||Yes|
|Trusted domain||Your organization's URL, for example:
|Select Unified Interface apps for the channel||To display the agent application:
• Select individual apps
• Select all apps, then remove the Project Service and Omnichannel for the Customer Service apps. Project Service app is in an edited state with Dynamics 365 and Omnichannel for the Customer Service app does not allow third-party channel integration. These apps will not load Live Assist and will also break config for other Apps.
Note: Omnichannel for Customer Service app may not be present in your environment.
|Select the roles for the channel||Live Assist Agent|
5. Save your entries.
6. You must make a security role permissions change for the Live Assist Administrator. In Dynamics 365 go to Settings > Security > Security Roles > Live Assist Administrator role. Enable the read permission under the Channel Provider entity in the Custom Entities tab.
Now you are ready to visit your Live Assist Demo Site, to start your first chat engagement!