Learn how to use the demo site to test your setup and engagements in our legacy Chat platform.
Note: Live Chat is our legacy platform for engagements in Live Assist for Dynamics 365. Our new platform for engagements is called Messaging. To learn how to test your setup and engagements in Messaging, see this article instead. If your account or free trial was created after January 1, 2024, your account uses Messaging and not Live Chat.
Before you begin, you must have already set up the Agent Widget and any of its prerequisites. See Enabling the Live Chat Agent Widget for details.
Important: If you are a current user of our legacy Live Chat engagement platform, we encourage you to consider switching to our new Messaging engagement platform. It has many benefits including resumable conversations, integration with popular chat apps like WhatsApp, AI tools, and much more. Learn more in this article, or on our site, or speak with your Account Director for more details.
How to Test Engagements Using the Demo Site for Live Chat
- To access the test links, go to the Live Assist admin portal and click Get Started > Chat
- Click Start
- Click Continue
- Click Launch Dynamics 365
- A new browser tab will open to the Dynamics 365 apps menu.
- Select an app (such as Customer Service Hub) to display the Live Assist panel on the right side.
Note: If the Agent widget doesn't load and you have a newer Dynamics 365 environment, you may need to follow the additional steps in this article.
- Go back to the Portal tab and click Demo Site.
- The demo site will open in a new tab. You can use this site to test engagements.
- On the demo site, click Live Chat to act as a consumer visiting the website. The chat panel will start the connection.
- Back on the Dynamics 365 tab, note the alert on the Grab a chat button. Click the Grab a chat button to start the chat.
- In the both the Dynamics 365 and demo site browser tabs, enter comments and replies in the chat windows to emulate how a chat operates between an agent and a consumer.
Agent view of chat Consumer view of chat
- To test co-browse, click Start co-browse on the Dynamics 365 chat panel.
The Agent Assist window opens, waiting for the consumer to accept the co-browse.
- In the consumer chat panel, click to Accept the co-browse
- In the Agent Assist window, the agent can now see the consumer's browser window. Click the buttons to use the co-browse functionality