To use Live Assist for Microsoft Dynamics 365 in a Dynamics 365 Organization with the new Unified Interface, you need to configure the Unified Interface to display the Live Assist Agent Application. You also need to be using the Agent Application version 3.3.0 or above.
- Upgrading to the latest version of Live Assist
- Unified Interface restrictions
- Which platforms and browsers are supported?
To enable Live Assist when using the Unified Interface:
- Install the Channel Integration Framework (CIF).
See: Getting the Channel Integration Framework
- Open the Channel Integration Framework application
- Create a new Channel Provider record
- Prepare the Agent Widget URL for your organization:
- Enter the following information:
Field Value to enter Name Live Assist for 365 Label Live Assist for 365 Channel URL
Set the Agent Widget URL to:
Replace the following:
Enable Outbound Communication Yes Channel order 1 Trusted domain Your organization's URL, for example:
Select Unified Interface apps for the channel To display the agent application:
• Select all apps,
• Select individual apps
Select the roles for the channel Live Assist Agent
- Save your entries.
- You must make a security role permissions change for the Live Assist Administrator. In Dynamics 365 go to Settings > Security > Security Roles > Live Assist Administrator role. Enable the read permission under the Channel Provider entity in the Custom Entities tab.