To use Live Assist for Microsoft Dynamics 365 in a Dynamics 365 Organization with the new Unified Interface, you need to configure the Unified Interface to display the Live Assist Agent Application. You also need to be using the Agent Application version 3.3.0 or above.
- Upgrading to the latest version of Live Assist
- Unified Interface restrictions
- Which platforms and browsers are supported?
- Channel Integration Framework (CIF) does not support Internet Explorer
To enable Live Assist when using the Unified Interface:
- Install the Channel Integration Framework (CIF).
See: Getting the Channel Integration Framework
- Open the Channel Integration Framework application
- Create a new Channel Provider record.
- Enter the following information:
Field Value to enter Name Live Assist for 365 Label Live Assist for 365 Channel URL
Set the Agent Widget URL to:
Replace the following:
Enable Outbound Communication Yes Channel order 1 Trusted domain Your organization's URL, for example:
Select Unified Interface apps for the channel To display the agent application:
• Select individual apps
• Select all apps, then remove the Project Service App as it is in an edited state with Dynamics 365 and will not load Live Assist and will also break config for other Apps
Select the roles for the channel Live Assist Agent
- Save your entries.
- You must make a security role permissions change for the Live Assist Administrator. In Dynamics 365 go to Settings > Security > Security Roles > Live Assist Administrator role. Enable the read permission under the Channel Provider entity in the Custom Entities tab.
If the Agent widget still doesn't load and you have a newer Dynamics 365 environment then you may need to also follow the steps at https://support.liveassistfor365.com/hc/en-us/articles/360050482794-Live-Assist-Agent-Chat-Panel-not-loading-in-Unified-Interface-Applications