Both Chat and Messaging can now be enabled for use in USD. Please note that this feature is available since CRM package 188.8.131.52.
As this is for USD and not web browser access there is no need to add Channel Integration Framework (CIF) Channel Providers configuration and the default value of the USD Agent Widget URL should be left in place so agents are directed to the Live Chat widget by default.
Those agents that need to use the Messaging Service should be given the Live Assist USD Messaging Agent security role and then they will be directed to the messaging widget at login.
1. All agents should first be Live Assist enabled in the Admin portal.
2. Individual USD agents can either be configured to use Chat or Messaging but not both.
Assigning the Live Assist USD Messaging Agent Security Role
- Go to https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/environments
- Go to environments and select the specific environment
- Go to Users
- From the list, select the user (agent) you want to use the Messaging widget and then select Manage roles.
- Add the role from the list and save.
- The next time the agent logs in they should see the Messaging widget, If not clear the cache as per https://support.liveassistfor365.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006113774-How-to-Clear-Cached-User-Accounts-in-USD and log in again.
If you don't see a "Live Assist Agent" role, it means you haven't enabled the user yet. Don't use the Manage User Roles to assign the "Live Assist Agent" role; instead, you can enable the Agent role for that user in the Admin portal. This will avoid the user sync issues, which result in agents not accessing the widget