To help agents sell or provide a service, create phrases that can be used in a “talk track” to follow while chatting, enabling them to control the conversation, set the tone, and engage the customer. Group the phrases under categories that reflect the desired flow of the chat, such as Introduction, Conversational, Overcoming Objections, and Closings.
Types of Predefined Content:
Predefined Content can be broadly grouped into three main types:
- Standard phrases and questions cover specific situations that can speed up the conversation.
- I can help you with that.
- Which option do you prefer?
- I’d be happy to transfer you to the appropriate agent.
- Product-related phrases that help agents describe the products and special, relevant offers, including links and product-related responses that ensure they give accurate information.
- Let me send you a link to the product page.
- The RX-100 is one of our most popular models.
- We carry this model in blue and grey.
- Guiding the Customer through the chat experience, such as:
- Click here for information about our Signature Mortgage.
- Were you able to navigate to the shopping cart page?
- Did the link give you the information you need?
Choose Your Terminology
When you create predefined responses, take into consideration what kind of phrases your agents use frequently. They probably need relevant business terminology and other common greeting and closing phrases. Create a variety of responses to minimize a mechanical tone of voice. Keep fine-tuning your predefined content and ensure that agents can use it effectively.
A Language for Each Engagement
To provide the ability to chat with visitors in a variety of languages, you can specify the language in the Engagement window.
Agents will then see the predefined content in the selected language, in their workspace, while chatting with a visitor. So if the engagement is German, the agent will see German pre-defined canned messages.
Live Assist for Microsoft Dynamics 365 provides prepared messages in several languages. You can then duplicate the whole engagement and then select a different language to target similar customers who require a different language.
Keep fine-tuning the predefined content and ensure that agents can use it effectively.
Predefined Content provides your agents with ready-to-use responses that reflect your brand’s terminology. The use of predefined content saves time and ensures consistent, error-free responses and a professional tone-of-voice.
You can use the Live Assist platform to import Predefined content (a CSV file) for your agents to use when they chat with visitors.
To import Predefined Content:
1. Navigate to the Campaigns area, then scroll to the bottom of the screen to the footer. Click on the Predefined Content
The Predefined Content Library page is displayed.
2. From the Action drop-down menu, select Import.
3. The Import Content page is displayed. Choose your CSV file and select Import.
Predefined content CSV file format
The first line of your CSV has to include the field headers described below, in the same order, with each separated by a comma. Subsequent lines in the file should contain data for your content using those same fields in that exact same order. Here's a description of each field:
- Item ID - the predefined content identifier. If you have different translations for the same predefined content, it will be presented in different lines with the same Item ID.
- Language - a language into which the predefined content is translated. The expected value is a language code, for example: en-UK for British English.
- Title - the Predefined content name/title. This string is limited to 75 characters.
- Text - the predefined content in the language noted in the “Language” field. This string is limited to 8000 characters.
- Status - The predefined status indicates whether the predefined content is available for use. The expected values are:
- Categories (an optional value) - a categorization of the predefined content, for example, all welcome messages will be grouped under the “Greetings” category. This field can contain multiple categories separated by commas.
- Hot Key Letter (an optional value) - Not applicable.
- Hot Key Number (an optional value) - Not applicable.
- Skills (an optional value) – the list of skills that are associated with the predefined content item. This field can contain multiple skills separated by commas.
Filtering Predefined Content
As of Live Assist version 3.4.0 Predefined Content is filtered based on Agent Skill. An Agent will only see predefined content that has been assigned to their skill, or predefined content with no skill assigned. This is not related to the Engagement Skill which the visitor comes in on, only the agent's skill affects the set of canned messages an agent will see. If an Agent has no skill assigned, the agent will only see predefined content with no skills assigned.