Sections allow you to target visitors with specific Live Assist engagements using custom categorization.
For example, you may want to display an engagement for cameras on pages of your website that specialize in cameras and nowhere else across your site.
Live Assist can target visitors using the URL. However, this means that you need to add the URL of each page relating to cameras into Live Assist and the structure of your website may not make this suitable.
Consider using Sections if:
- The pages you wish to target do not have URLs you can target easily.
- You make frequent changes to your website and it is hard to keep track of the pages in each category.
Important: Sections only apply on page load; not on Single Page Applications
Creating a Section for your engagement
To create a section for your engagements:
- Create a code snippet listing the section names you require, as follows:
lpTag.section = [
"loans", //Replace with section or sub-section name
- You must include the
lpTag.sectiondefinition code on pages where you want your engagement to display.
- In your Engagement Portal, find your engagement under Campaign and click Location:
- Click Add new.
- Enter a location name to group your sections by.
- Under Section, you can specify the sections that must appear on a page for your engagement to appear.
• If you require exact matches, you must use quotes.
• If you provide a phrase without quotes, the engagement matches any page containing any of the words you provide in the phrase.
For example, a Section of
DSLR camerasmatch pages with tags:
"DSLR cameras"only matches:
Specifying a phrase in quotes ensures that the engagement displays on pages with only a matching tag.
- Click Save.