There are three states for a chat engagement: Online, Busy and Offline. Each state is related to the status of the agents, as well as the maximum wait time. When consumers are browsing between several windows, pages can remain static for long periods of time without being refreshed. This can affect the state of your engagements.
With the button refresh feature, brands have the ability to refresh the state of the engagement at configurable intervals, ensuring the engagement on the page accurately reflects the availability of the agents. The default setting for this feature is disabled. When enabled, the default setting is 120 seconds. Brands can configure the engagement to refresh at the following interval settings: 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, 180, 240 and 300 seconds.
The feature is configured via the Engagement studio page for the online status
- Refresh engagement is not available for proactive/offsite/messaging engagements.
- The refresh process will never remove engagements from a page. It will only change its state, e.g., offline to online and vice versa.
- As this feature is constantly checking the availability of the engagement, when the availability changes, this could cause the engagement to flicker.
- This feature does not apply if the engagement does not have an offline or busy state.
- The Refresh engagement feature is not enabled by default. Contact Support to enable this feature.