- For instructions how to purchase licenses, see: How To buy/add a Subscription
Licensing Multiple Organizations
You purchase licenses at the Tenant Level.
- If you have multiple organizations, you need to allocate the licenses to each organization. For example, you may have UAT and Production Organizations. Allocate licenses to each organization through the Billing Portal.
- The Billing Portal shows you which Organizations have licenses allocated to them. You can remove licenses from an Organization, and allocate them to another.
- It can take up to 5 minutes for any changes in the Billing Portal to be distributed to the Organization. When the organization receives the licenses, you can apply these to users.
In this example, a tenancy has 150 seats allocated across three organizations. The tenancy has no more available licenses to allocate to an organization.
- Development has 20 licenses allocated and available to assign. 15 of them have been assigned to users, this means the organization has 5 more left to allocate.
- The UAT Organization has 30 available licenses, but 20 have been allocated.
- The Production Organization has 100 licenses available to users, 80 have been assigned to users, meaning there are 20 licenses left to allocate.
Creating a new organization
When creating a new Organization, you need to begin a new trial before allocating purchased Licenses to it.
- Licenses can be purchased before or after the new organization is created.
- Licenses are applied to the Tenancy; licenses can be transferred between organizations.
Changing the Billing Admin
Live Assist automatically uses the Microsoft Dynamics CRM main admin as the default Billing Admin. You can add additional Billing Admins to be used in place of the default.
To add additional Billing Admins:
- Click on Billing Admins.
- Enter the email address of the user
- Click Submit.
- A message is displayed, confirming that the Billing Admin is set up.