If your engagement is set as Authentication Required,
- Consumers who are not logged in, or whose login effort failed:
- Are unable to start a conversation with the designated agent.
- Are redirected to the Offline Survey.
If your engagement is set as Authenticated Users Only,
- You may choose to not display the engagement at all, by targeting using engagement attributes
Agents require permission to handle authenticated chats.
- This permission is set by the orginization administrator.
- If an agent only has permission to append to contacts of their business unit, but the contact of a customer in an authenticated chat is owned by a different business unit, the agent receives a permission error when saving a newly created case.
- Similarly it is not possible for an agent to grab an authenticated chat for a user in a different business unit.
The agent needs to have the Contact Read permission set, to enable the context data to be populated
- These permissions are managed through the Security Roles section of the Dynamics CRM: