If you want your engagement to require users to be authenticated,
- Consumers who are not logged in, or whose login effort failed:
- Are unable to start a conversation with the designated agent.
- Are redirected to the Offline Survey.
This can be accomplished by going to the Engagement Portal, Campaign Builder, and editing an Engagement. Click the Authentication toggle to turn on authentication.
If you want your engagement to only be shown to Authenticated Users,
- You may choose to not display the engagement by targeting using engagement attributes
See the Engagement Attributes article for information on configuring engagement attributes. Set up an attribute that is able to track whether or not a user is authenticated.
Next, create a new Target Audience for your campaign by clicking Edit next to Target audience in the campaign builder. Then click Add New:
Create a new target audience that includes the Engagement Attribute you set (note the following is just one example of how to do this; an attribute for both authenticated and unauthenticated users was set up; this could be used to show different engagements to different audiences):
Set your campaign to the new Target Audience. Please note that this will affect all Engagements under that campaign.
Agents require permission to handle authenticated chats.
- This permission is set by the organization administrator.
- If an agent only has permission to append to contacts of their business unit, but the contact of a customer in an authenticated chat is owned by a different business unit, the agent receives a permission error when saving a newly created case.
- Similarly it is not possible for an agent to grab an authenticated chat for a user in a different business unit.
The agent needs to have the Contact Read permission set, to enable the context data to be populated
- These permissions are managed through the Security Roles section of the Dynamics CRM: