Live Assist allows brands to connect with consumers through SMS. Set up your Twilio SMS connector in three easy steps.
- Get an SMS number from Twilio
- Re-direct your Twilio number to LivePerson URL
- Activate the Twilio source in the Engagement Portal
Step 1 - Get an SMS number from Twilio
Create your own Twilio account here, then follow the below steps to get a number:
- Fill in your credentials to get started with a Twilio trial account (you can also use an existing account if you have one).
- Click Get a Twilio phone number and follow the instructions on-screen.
- Make sure to note your Account SID and Auth Token from this page as you will need them later in the process.
Step 2 - Re-direct your Twilio number to LivePerson URL
- Configure the request URL by navigating to the following page: https://www.twilio.com/user/account/phone-numbers/incoming.
- Select the phone number for which you would like to configure SMS messaging.
- Scroll down to the "Messaging" subheader. Based on your region, copy the appropriate link below and paste it into the field next to the A MESSAGE COMES IN option. Then hit Save.
- EMEA (Europe/Middle East/Asia) accounts: https://lo.msg-gw.liveperson.net/api/ACCOUNT#/default/twilio
- North America accounts: https://va.msg-gw.liveperson.net/api/ACCOUNT#/default/twilio
- APAC (Asia Pacific) accounts: https://sy.msg-gw.liveperson.net/api/ACCOUNT#/default/twilio
Step 3 - Activate the Twilio source in the Engagement Portal
- On the engagement portal, go to the Campaign Builder footnote and click on Data Sources.
- Hover over the Twilio SMS tile, then click Edit.
- Switch the toggle to activate the Twilio SMS source then click Next.
- Now enter the Account SID, Auth Token, and Phone number. You can get these from the Twilio login page. Hit Done.
Test your integration
To test your Twilio integration, simply send an SMS to the number which you configured above.
Note: If you are on a trial account, you can only receive messages from verified phone numbers. From the Twilio interface, go to Phone Numbers > Manage > Verified Caller IDs and click Add a new Caller ID.
See if the SMS shows up in the Messaging widget. If it does, and you are able to reply to it as an agent, the setup was successful.
To learn more about other social network connectors, see: Setting up Social Network connectors for Messaging.