This command is available in the April 2018 Release of Live Assist for Microsoft Dynamics 365. Agents can use this command to associate the Chat Activity records with CRM entities.
During a chat, the agent is able to create a new CRM Entity using the /n command. The Agent will be presented with a list of Entity types and once a record has been chosen and saved, it will automatically be associated with the current chat.
Your custom entities need configuration so that the automatic association can happen:
- The Activities checkbox must be selected under Communication & Collaboration when creating or customizing an entity:
- Create a new Field with the postfix "
cxlvhlp_chatsessionid" for example:
It is also necessary to register an extra step for a custom business process using a plug-in. The plug-in must register an Event for Live Assist so it can process the Entity when it's created. Detailed steps for creating the plugin are provided by Microsoft's Documentation:
The Live Assist Event required is:
This is the screenshot of the Plugin Registration Tool, with the required settings:
Live Assist for Microsoft Dynamics 365 will load the entity information and agents will be able to create a new entity that can be automatically associated with the active chat by using the /n command.
Cases, Leads and Opportunities are already configured for agents to automatic associate the entities with an active chat.
• Chat Activities can only be associated with one CRM Entity at a time. If another record is associated with a chat activity, old associations will be overwritten.
• CRM Entities can be associated with any Chat Activities for historic purposes.
• Entities created manually (not through the /n command) must be also be associated with the chat activity manually.
• A newly created CRM entity will be associated with a chat activity as soon as the agent opens the entity form.
• When the /n command is used to create select a new Entity to create, the Entity will be associated with the Chat where the command was run. So, if an agent creates a CRM Entity having used /n command and before completing it, switches to another chat, the CRM Entity will remain associated with the original chat activity. If a new association is needed for the 2nd chat, the /n command must be used again to create a new CRM Entity.