Apple Messages for Business enables brands to help customers resolve issues, schedule appointments, and make purchases or payments all within the Message app. Brands can leverage the rich features of Apple’s platforms to provide an integrated messaging experience that is branded, verified, encrypted, and delightful.
Registering your Messages for Business account requires the following actions.
- Register for the Messages for Business Service. Set up your organization’s profile. Register your organization at Apple Business Register. Create your Messages for Business account, upload your branding, and select your Messaging Service Provider (MSP).
- Add Team Members to the Organization. Provide backup contacts for your Messages for a Business account by adding any additional team members to the account.
- Verify the Messages for Business Account Connection. Testing your ability to send and receive messages may require connecting your CRM with your Messaging Service Providers (MSPs) console.
Register for the Messages for Business Service
1. Go to the Apple Messages page on Apple Business Register and click the "Get Started" button.
2. Login using a business Apple ID (login shall be your corporate email) or a corporate-managed Apple ID created by your organization.
Note: To create a new Apple ID, visit Create Your Apple ID.
4. Tick all the options presented on Messages for Business Policies and then choose Next.
5. Click Next to continue filling out the Messages for Business Account.
6. Complete the information about your organization on the Account Applicant form and then hit Next.
7. Choose the respective Business Account Type, Input the desired Name, and then choose Next.
8. Add a Technical contact and then click Next.
9. Hit Next to proceed on Messaging Service Provider Configuration.
10. Select the messaging platform to use for the Messages for Business account. Click Next to proceed.
When selecting the BSP, select LiveEngage by LivePerson for the US or enter the following URL for EMEA or APAC.
● EMEA: https://lo.apple-gw.liveperson.net/api/v1.0/message
● APAC: https://sy.apple-gw.liveperson.net/api/v1.0/message
11. Add Apple IDs of the users that will participate in testing the message deliverability from their personal Apple devices.
12. Choose the Send now option if you want to send the testing instructions to your testers.
13. Hit the OK button once the email has been sent successfully.
14. Click Next to complete the configuration.
15. A notification will be displayed that your account registration request has been sent and is being reviewed by Apple. You will receive an email immediately after Apple approves your registration.
Note: The Apple approval process can take anywhere from 1-2 business days. Be sure to account for the time needed and submit your account for approval as soon as possible.
16. Once your account has been approved, the status of your registration will be changed from In review to Online.
Add Team Members to the Organization
To better coordinate your project and account settings, you can add the key members of your project to your Apple Business Register Organization. Also, in case you work closely with your Messaging partner to launch the service, you may invite the project lead or representative.
Follow the procedure as follows to add team members to your organization.
1. On your Organization's dashboard, click on Members.
2. Click on Add a member button.
3. Hit Next to proceed with filling out the member information.
4. Select Individual for the member type and then click Next.
5. Fill in the required information: Full Name and Work Email and then select Next.
Note: To ensure a successful connection of the business ID to the Live Engage account, add Kristin Strickland and Ryan Williams in the 'team member' section. Please use the emails email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Choose a role to assign to this member and then hit Submit.
Note: You can always revert the role type to a member in the future.
7. A notification will be displayed that the user has been invited to your organization. Invitees shall now receive an automatic email from joining your organization. They will have to follow the link in the invite.
8. On the dashboard, you will be able to view the list of team members in your organization.
Verify the Messages for Business Account Connection
1. On the Messages for Business Accounts dashboard, select the account you want to configure.
2. Scroll to the Messaging Service Platform Configuration section. Click on the Test your Messaging Service Provider connection link.
3. On the Messaging Service Provider Configuration, hit the Connect button.
4. This will take you to the LiveEngage by LivePerson Service Provider landing page to complete the account linking process. Complete the form below and hit the Activate Apple Business Chat button to connect your Apple Business ID to your LiveEngage account.
5. Once you receive confirmation from Live Person that your Messages for Business account is linked to your account, you can return to your Messages for Business account page in Apple Business Register for testing.
Apple Messages for Business Account Testing
1. On the Messages for Business Accounts dashboard, select the account you want to test.
2. Scroll to the Links section. Click on the Copy Conversational link to open the account in the Messages application on iPhone or click the Launch Messages link to initiate a message from a Mac device.
3. Once the messaging conversation has been initiated from an Apple device, this will be received by an agent through the Live Assist Messaging Agent widget.
Consumer's View of Conversation from an Apple Device
Agent's View of Conversation from Live Assist Messaging Agent Widget