This article explains when an engagement activity is marked complete (or closed) in Dynamics 365. After an activity is complete, it will contain both an embedded transcript and a link to the transcript URL.
When is the activity automatically marked complete?
Conversations ended by either visitor or agent
The visitor has the ability to end a conversation. As an agent, you can do this as well. (See how to end a conversation.) About one minute later, the activity in Dynamics 365 will be marked complete.
Tip: If you already have the activity open in Dynamics 365, it may not reflect the new status. Click the Refresh button for it to update.
Conversations not ended
What happens if neither the agent nor the visitor ends the conversation? It will be marked complete automatically after a time delay.
- If you use our modern Messaging platform, the time delay is set by your organization. It could be anywhere from 25 minutes to 90 days. Please check with your supervisor to find out the time delay for your organization.
- If you use our legacy Chat platform, the time delay is one minute after either the visitor or agent closes the chat window. Or, if the conversation is transferred but not answered, the time delay is one hour after the transfer.
Is it possible to manually mark an activity as complete?
Yes. You can manually mark an engagement activity as complete in Dynamics 365.
- Open the activity that you want to close.
- If you have the conversation open in the Agent Widget, click on the Open Activity button at the bottom of the widget. (Learn how.)
- Alternatively, you can search for and find it in the Customer Service Hub. Go to Activities in the left navigation pane and then use the search to find the activity. (Learn how.)
- On the top menu, click on Close Chat Activity.
Details for supervisors and administrators
Live Assist for Microsoft Dynamics 365 creates a new activity for each engagement.
Those with the user roles of Administrator, Supervisor, or Agent can create, update, and delete activities. You can change the activity permissions for Dynamics 365 settings in the Power Platform Admin Center. It is not possible to set permissions just for chat activities; permissions apply to all activity types.
Setting the time delay for auto-completion
If you use our modern Messaging platform, the default time delay for auto-completion is 90 days. You can change this yourself to any period from 25 minutes to 90 days. It is also possible to set different time delay periods for different skill groups. See this article from our partner LivePerson to learn how to adjust the auto-completion time delay.