Learn about our modern Messaging platform for engagements and the benefits that it brings.
Note: Messaging is our new modern platform for engagements in Live Assist for Dynamics 365. Our legacy platform for engagements is called Live Chat.
What is a Messaging Engagement?
The original primary engagement option in Live Assist for Dynamics 365 was Live Chat. Live Chat powered conversations between agents and consumers in real-time. Live Chat required, however, that both agent and the consumer be online at the same time. Each time a new engagement happened there was also no previous conversation history.
Along with our partner LivePerson, we now offer a new modern type of engagement called Messaging. This takes chats to the next level. Messaging can do everything Live Chat can do, including live conversations. But it can also do so much more. For example, it makes it possible to have longer running "anytime" conversations.
The Messaging platform also allows us to integrate popular 3rd party channels like Twilio, SMS, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, Twitter, WhatsApp, Apple Business Chat and more. An agent can receive these Messaging engagements right inside Dynamics 365! Because of this, agents are now able to handle multiple channels of conversation at scale.
Messaging allows for asynchronous, resumable conversations between brands and their consumers, in the same way that consumers are already used to communicating by social networking services. This means a consumer can message a brand at any time, even if an agent is not online. An agent can also reply to a consumer even if they are not online. All while maintaining full conversation history! This enables you as a brand to improve your customer's journey in a way that was not possible with Chat engagements.
Of course, real-time chat is also still possible using Messaging.
Why use Messaging Engagements?
Benefits for consumers:
Messaging engagements are designed to make consumer's lives easier. For example, a consumer can:
- Talk on their own time: Consumers can come and go from a conversation and respond on their own time. Learn more about resumable conversations.
- Use a channel of their choosing: Consumers can communicate with you using their favorite app, in addition to web messaging. Messaging is available for many popular third-party channels such as Twilio, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, and more.
- Get faster responses: Agents can handle more conversations at once and this enables consumers to get faster service.
- View their full conversation history: Consumers can search and browse through their full conversation history.
Benefits for your brand:
- Boost efficiency: Messaging is up to two times more efficient than voice or live chat. It enables agents to help multiple consumers at a time and increase CSAT.
- Increased sales opportunities: Create an ongoing connection with consumers and prospects, increasing the customer lifetime value.
- Multiple channels: Extend messaging directly over popular channels like SMS, Facebook, WhatsApp, and Apple Business Chat. Manage all communications in a single workspace.
- Higher CSAT and resolution rates: With asynchronous messaging, agents are able to consult with a colleague or an external application. This helps them to prepare the right answer, increasing first-time resolution rates and customer satisfaction.
- Control over queue prioritization: Consumers do not need to wait by the phone or screen with messaging, giving brands more flexibility to choose which conversations should be handled first.
How does this change things for my Campaigns?
A campaign can contain both chat and messaging engagements. However, please note the following:
- Messaging engagements no longer include "pre-chat and post-chat surveys".
- This information can be intelligently gathered using a custom bot built in Conversation Builder.
- Chat and Messaging engagements have different widgets in Dynamics.
- The Dynamics 365 web client only allows agents or groups of agents to load a single widget at a time. Agents can either be assigned as "Live Chat agents" or "Messaging agents", but not both at the same time.
- At present, the USD desktop client can only be configured for either the Live Chat widget or the Messaging widget for all agents, but not a mix.
- Agents need to use the new Messaging Widget for Dynamics in order to take messaging engagements.
Get Started with Messaging
To get started with Messaging, follow the steps in this guide to enabling the Messaging Agent Widget. If you have any questions about moving to Messaging, please contact your Account Director.
We welcome you to test Live Assist for Dynamics 365 with a free trial! Just follow the steps in our Installation Guide to get up and running with Messaging. All new accounts or free trials created after January 1, 2024 are automatically set up with Messaging.
Want to learn more first? Watch our short video on the features of Live Assist for Dynamics 365, check out our product site, or contact us with your questions.