Unified Service Desk allows you to customize your solution to optimize your agent workflows. You can save your agents' time and effort on every chat by creating custom buttons to perform some tasks.
Follow these steps to:
Creating an Action Call
- Open the Settings > Unified Service Desk > Actions Call and define an Action, and Data fields
See: Create an action call for a User Interface Interaction (UII) in Unified Service Desk
Note: In this example, the AssociateContactToChat action, and the Data field, are set to collect Account information. To see more data fields and actions available to you, open the USD Debugger:
When you are debugging, if the Id field is present, the Account record includes all available attributes:
Adding a new button on the Chat Activity view
- From Dynamics 365, open Settings > Unified Service Desk > Toolbars and select the Chat Activity Toolbar record.
- Click + to create a new toolbar button record
- In the General section, complete all the fields.
Important: Set Show Tab to the Chat Activity hosted control.
- Click + to add the new Action Call that you made earlier.
- Save the form.
Testing your new Button in USD
To test this new button:
- Log in as an agent, and grab a chat using USD.
- In the Chat Search tab, search for an account:
- Select an account, to open it in the Account Hosted Control
- Open the Chat Activity hosted control and click Associate to Account.
The account is associated with the chat activity.