As a Live Assist Administrator manage your licenses and agent profiles from within the Live Assist Admin Portal. Do not create additional profiles within the Engagement Portal and do not use the Engagement Portal to assign profiles to users.
If you create additional roles, Live Assist fails to synchronize user data, and the following problems may occur:
- You may be unable to assign licenses to your agents
- Agents may be unable to sign in, receiving 401 Authentication Errors.
Live Assist defines and requires the following profiles:
- Agent Manager
- Campaign Manager
To verify and remove additional roles from your Engagement Portal:
- Go to the Engagement Portal
- Go to Users > Profiles
- There must be 4 profiles on this page, as follows:
- If you have additional profiles, you must remove the profile assignment on every user:
- Go to Users > Users
- Click the filter next to Profiles and enter your erroneous profile
- For each result, Edit User and remove the Assignment
- Once the Profile has no Users, click the profile check box and click Action > Delete
Engagement Portal Default User Profile Assignments:
If you assign an Admin role to a user, the user will have the following profiles in the Engagement portal
If you assign a Supervisor role to a user, the user will have the following profiles in the Engagement portal
If the user has Agent role, the user will have this profile in Engagement Portal
Important: You may change the user's Skills set and the Maximum number of live chats from the Engagement Portal. But for any other user details, changes should be done within Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM. Further, roles should only be changed from LA Admin Portal. This is the default and the only supported way.