An engagement is a banner or button that launches a conversation. The engagement is comprised of the creative (banner or button), the window, all the settings, and its rules. Live Assist offers different engagement types and formats. A campaign can contain multiple engagements of different types:
- Conversation engagements: Provide your website visitors with an opportunity to engage with your agents in real-time.
- Content banner: Most useful when you want to make your visitors various offers that do not require real-time handling.
Which engagement type should you use?
To determine which type of engagement is appropriate, ask yourself a few questions; first of all, determine whether you want to offer a conversation engagement or a content banner.
For example, a content banner can be displayed to offer visitors free shipping on all orders over $100. When visitors click on the banner, they can be redirected to a URL that you have predetermined, where they can make a purchase and enjoy the free shipping offer. They are not invited to chat in this interaction, yet you have moved them further down the funnel towards conversion.
Content banners can also be used to redirect visitors to your community page, to FAQs, to your knowledge base, or to any other URL that you configure.
Understanding your options
Browse the Engagement template gallery and check out the formats; the embedded, the sticky, the overlay, the toaster, the slide-out, and the peeling corner banners and buttons.
Feel free to use the ready-made templates or to customize them to match the look and feel of your brand. The different-sized templates provide additional designs, so check them out, too.
You want to take into consideration a number of factors when you select the engagement type, format, and settings.
- How long after the visitor lands on a page do you want the banner to appear?
- For what duration do you want to display the banner?
- How much intrusion do you think your target audience will accept?
- Do you want the banner to follow the visitor from page to page for any specific number of pages or for a specific duration of time?
These options are available for configuration in the Engagement Studio. You will learn about them in the next section of this guide.