Offsite engagements provide you with the opportunity to launch chats with your consumers from anywhere. When creating an offsite engagement, you create a URL that will refer your consumers to a private chat with your Live Assist Agent. Use this link anywhere you want to engage with your consumers.
Offsite engagements offer brands the opportunity to expand their availability to consumers by providing chat from any location and through any media including:
- Social media
- SMS messages (triggered by IVR)
- Digital advertising
- Printed media
- And many more…
When setting up an offsite engagement, you will create a URL that will refer your consumers to a private chat with one of your agents. You can use this link anywhere you want to engage with your consumers.
How to create a new offsite engagement
- Create a Campaign and fill in the campaign details (name, target audience and timeframe).
- Click Add engagement. From the menu, select “Offsite” engagement source:
- The engagement settings page will open.
- Select the Offsite Source; this is the source from which you want to engage with your consumer (e.g. email, social media).
- Enter the URL of the page where you want to embed the chat window. This is the URL to which your consumers will be redirected when clicking the Engagement URL.
- This page should contain the web tag with your account number.
- If a page is intended to be viewed via a mobile device, it should be mobile optimized. If not, the consumer will be redirected to an empty page with chat.
- If the page is reloaded or redirects to another page before the chat window has opened, the URL parameters must be passed to the new page. This will ensure the window opens as expected on the new page.
- Select the skill the engagement should be routed to. To route to all skills, select ‘All skills’ (selected as default); to select a specific skill, select the ‘Specific skill’ option and choose from the dropdown menu.
- Add an agent note if you wish. This is a note regarding the engagement which will be visible to all agents. For example “As part of our summer sale, consumers arriving from this engagement can be given an extra 5% discount."
- Select the engagement language.
- To set the engagement to display as ‘available’ when at least one agent is online, regardless of the duration of the wait time, you can select the ‘Ignore max wait time’ checkbox at the bottom of the page
- Click next.
- The Engagement Window library will open. For guidance on customizing an engagement window, click here.
- Click done.
- When you’ve finished creating the engagement, enable it and publish its campaign.
- Copy the engagement URL and use it in your selected touch point.
Publishing the engagement
Once you’ve finished creating your engagement, follow these steps to publish it:
- From the Campaign Builder page, copy the engagement URL.
- Choose how and where you want to publish the URL. You can:
- Create a shortened URL and publish the link. You can use a website such as [https://bitly.com] shorten the links
- Create a QR code. Use one of the QR code generator services such as qrcode-monkey.
- Enable your engagement and publish the campaign.
- Publish the link/QR code where you want to engage with your consumers.
Target audience for offsite engagements
For offsite engagements, eligibility evaluation is performed after consumers click the engagement URL. If consumers are not eligible, they will receive the Offline Survey configured in the Engagement Window.
For example, if you have set up a campaign targeting UK consumers only and a consumer from France clicks the Engagement URL, they will be redirected to the offline survey you configured in the Engagement Window.
Offline surveys for offsite engagements
If you have distributed the engagement URL to your consumers, but one of the below scenarios is true, your consumers will be redirected to the offline survey that you configured in the Engagement Window:
- The URL is distributed before the Campaign begins
- A consumer clicks the Engagement URL outside of business hours
- There are no available agents to accept the chat
- A consumer who is not part of the campaign’s target audience clicks the offsite engagement URL
Disabling or deleting an offsite engagement
When an engagement is disabled, consumers will be redirected to a default offline survey. You can also choose to redirect them to a customized survey you create, or to a landing page of your choice.
If and when you re-enable your engagement, consumers will be directed to the URL you configure on the Engagement Details page.