Creating a content engagement includes the following four stages:
Selecting an engagement in the Engagement template gallery.
Customizing the engagement in the Engagement Studio.
- Including or excluding pages on your website where engagement can be displayed using the Location library.
- Defining when to display engagements to visitors in the Visitor behavior library.
To create a content engagement:
On the Add Campaign page, click + Add engagement. The Engagement template gallery is displayed.
- Under Type, select Content. Select the format and size from the design options. Alternatively, design your own engagement by selecting Action, and then click Add.
- Click Next. The Engagement Settings are displayed
Under On-click action, select your preferred behavior. If you want your consumers to be redirected to a different URL, enter the URL into the box then select whether or not you would like the URL to be opened in a new window.
Web Content follows visitors as they navigate through the pages of your website, because of the Follow consumer settings. The behavior persists throughout the defined time-frame and over the specified number of pages. The 'Close engagement after' setting will remove the web content after a defined number of seconds. If the visitor moves to another page the timeout will reset on each page.
Click Next. The Engagement studio is displayed.
Same as with chat engagements, use the tools in the Engagement studio to customize your engagement according to your messaging and branding.
Assigning an entry point to an engagement enables you to target users who visited particular pages of your website, and to narrow down the customers that you want to chat with. You can use one of the predefined locations, such as All entry points, or focus your targeting on a particular page or set of pages.
To edit the entry point of your engagement:
1. If you want your engagement to appear on every page of your website, click All entry points. Alternatively, to focus your targeting on a particular page or set of pages, click Add new. This displays the Add new entry point page.
- In the top field, enter an entry point name. Press Enter to refresh the page.
- In the dropdown menu, select Contains, Exact, or Advanced. Copy the target URL into the field on the right.
- Click + Add URL to add more URLs.
- If you want to exclude the engagement from specific pages, click + Exclude entry point and copy the target URL into the field on the right. Click Save.
- When you have finished, click Next. The Visitor behavior library is displayed.
Note: Entry points are shared throughout your account; if you modify an entry point, the change will be applied to any other engagements that use this entry point.
Live Assist enables you to plan goal-oriented campaigns aimed at specific target audiences. You can create various engagements within each campaign, and display them based on visitor behavior and entry point on your website.
Visitors may be targeted by more than one engagement on the same page, at the same time, although Live Assist may not necessarily display all the engagements to the visitor. In such cases, Live Assist uses a decision mechanism to determine the engagements that will be displayed, taking the following factors into consideration:
- Campaign Priority
- Engagement Zones
- Engagement Channels and Agent Status
To define visitor behavior:
1. In the Visitor behavior library, click + Add new.
2. Select an existing target audience by hovering over one of the options and clicking Edit. The Edit target audience dialog box is displayed. Alternatively, to define a new target audience, click + Add New. The Add new target audience dialog box is displayed
3. Type a name for your visitor behavior, and add a description.
4. Add conditions by selecting from the condition list on the left. Click Save.
5. Click Done to save this visitor behavior.
6. Configure Live Assist to collect the data. If you have not yet configured tracking, a message is displayed: “We haven't received customer info data in the last 24 hours. You can click the Configure tracking button or you can configure tracking under Data Sources > Engagement Attributes > Visitor Info category.”
• If the data appears on the page, Live Assist can extract it without code. Many webpages do not display the data, and so you may need to use code for this Engagement Attribute.
• The data on the page must match the name of the visitor behavior list items exactly.