Visitors may be targeted by more than one engagement on the same page, at the same time, although Live Assist may not necessarily display all the engagements to the visitor. In such cases, Live Assist uses a decision mechanism to determine the engagements that will be displayed, taking the following factors into consideration:
- Campaign Priority
- Engagement Zones
- Engagement Channels and Agent Status
You can set your campaigns to different priorities (high, medium, or low), and you can create multiple engagements for the same and/or different campaigns that display in the same zone. If multiple engagements from different campaigns target a visitor simultaneously, and the engagements are mapped to the same zone, Live Assist will most likely display the engagement that belongs to the campaign with the highest priority. More specifically: There is a 70% chance that engagements belonging to High Priority campaigns will be displayed. There is a 20% chance that engagements belonging to Medium Priority campaigns will be displayed. There is a 10% chance that engagements belonging to Low Priority campaigns will be displayed.
In Live Assist, an engagement zone is a defined area on a webpage where engagements can be displayed. Each type of engagement is mapped to a specific zone. Although only one engagement can be displayed in a specific zone at any given time, multiple engagements can be displayed simultaneously in different zones. Every 10 seconds Live Assist checks whether there is an engagement to display, and whether the zone the engagement is mapped to is available (in other words, no other engagements are currently displayed in that zone).
Engagement types and their zones:
Note: Engagements from different zones can be simultaneously displayed. You must therefore ensure that engagements do not overlap or hide one another. For example, you can have an overlay banner on the left side of the page (proactive zone) that hides a sticky banner that is also configured on the left side of the page (Left Zone).
Engagement Channels and Agent Status
When more than one engagement qualifies to display in the same zone at the same time, Live Assist generally displays an online chat engagement. If agents are not available, Live Assist generally displays a content engagement. If no content engagements are configured, Live Assist displays an offline chat engagement.
To provide a rich, yet non-intrusive engagement experience, Live Assist employs the following rules per visitor session:
- Once an engagement is displayed, Live Assist will not display other engagements in the same zone until the visitor navigates to a different page.
- If an online chat button is displayed, and then 10 seconds later there are no longer any available agents, Live Assist will not replace the button with an offline button.
- When two or more engagements are mapped to the same zone, whether they belong to the same campaign or to different campaigns of the same priority, Live Assist will only display one of the engagements, at random.
- Every 10 seconds Live Assist checks visitor attributes (target audience, location, and behavior), and displays the appropriate engagement. A visitor may therefore see one engagement when landing on a specific page (due to location-based targeting), and 10 seconds later the visitor may see a different engagement on the same page (due to behavior-based targeting).
- If a visitor closes an engagement, it will no longer be displayed in the current session.
- Live Assist allows you to limit the number of times a proactive engagement is displayed per visitor session. When the limit is reached, no other proactive engagements will be displayed in the session, regardless of engagement priorities.
- You can configure an engagement to “follow” a visitor for a certain amount of time or for a specific number of pages. These engagements will always be displayed rather than other engagements mapped to the same zone. (note: Only available for Overlay, Toaster, and Peeling corner engagement Format)
Using multiple engagements in campaigns helps you facilitate your visitors’ journeys and achieve your business goals. Here are some examples of how multiple campaigns and engagements can be used:
- Use one campaign to target all visitors and specific visitors. Create an embedded chat button engagement in the campaign for general inquiries. Set this engagement to display to all visitors on every page of your website. In the same campaign, create an overlay chat engagement that displays to visitors who remain on a specific page for a certain amount of time.
- Redirect visitors from chat to content. You can configure two toaster banners, one for chat and one for content, and set both banners to target the same audience, location, and behavior. When agents are available, the chat engagement will be displayed, and when no agents are available, the content engagement will be displayed.
- A/B testing. You can configure two different engagements, mapped to the same zone, each belonging to a different campaign (for example, a Sticky Chat button on the top left and a Slide-out Chat button on the bottom left). Live Assist will randomly display one of the engagements in each visitor session. Looking at the campaign reports you will be able to tell which of the two engagements drove better results.