To create a chat engagement:
- On the Add Campaign page, click + Add engagement.
The Engagement template gallery is displayed.
- From the Source drop down menu, select Website.
- Under Channel, select Conversation.
- Either: Select the format and size from the design options.
Or: Design your own engagement—select Action, then click Add.
- Click Next.
The Engagement studio is displayed.
Customizing the engagement
- In the Engagement studio, use the tools to customize your engagement according to your messaging and branding.
Setting the language for the engagement
When you create a chat engagement, you have the option to select a specific language for your audience. This then changes the following items to the selected language for this specific engagement:
- Predefined content
- Embedded engagement window
- Automatic messages
To set the language for an engagement:
- In the Engagement studio, click the Settings menu
- Select the language that you want to attach to your current engagement.
Assigning a skill to the engagement
Assigning a skill to your engagement ensures that the consumer is connected to an agent with the correct knowledge, and minimizes the need to transfer the consumer to a different agent.
To assign a skill to an engagement:
- In the Engagement studio, click the Settings menu.
The list of skills is displayed in the drop down menu.
- Select the skill that you want to attach to your current engagement, then click Publish.
The skill is now assigned to the engagement.
- Click Next.
The Engagement window library is displayed.
Configuring and designing the Embedded Engagement Window
The Engagement window studio displays the look and feel of both desktop and mobile windows. The windows work on desktop and mobile in the same way, meaning that the window only needs to be set up once, and it adjusts automatically. Any change you make to the design of the desktop window takes effect in the mobile window.
Using the Engagement window studio, you can do the following:
- Customize the look and feel
- Add your company’s logo, a picture of your agent, or another image
- Add action buttons, for example, to request an email of the chat transcript
To access the Engagement window studio:
- In the Engagement window library, hover over an existing window design, and click Edit, or click Add new to design a new window.
The Engagement window studio is displayed.
- When you complete the window design, it is added to your Engagement window library.
To delete a window design:
- In the Engagement window library, click the Action menu, and select Delete.
To set a default window design:
- In the Engagement window library, click the Action menu, and select Set as default.
- Hover over the link icon on each window to display the campaigns that are using this window.
The window name and description are used to help you identify windows in the library.
To edit the window name and description:
- Select the window that you want to edit.
The Engagement window studio is displayed.
- Under Window name and description, enter a new window name and description.
The name and description display in the Engagement window library.
Customize chat window elements
You can fully customize the window to match your brand by changing the following:
- Visitor bubble
- Agent bubble
- System messages
- Info line
- Window background
To customize chat window elements:
- Click on an element.
- From the properties window, customize the element according to your brand.
- You can change the icon set of some elements to display well on your selected background.
- We recommend that you select bright icons for dark backgrounds, and dark icons for bright backgrounds.
- Surveys and dialogs inherit the main chat window colors.
- The background color is the same as the window background.
- Text is the same color and font as the Automatic Messages.
- Buttons have the same look and feel as the title bar.
Pop-out engagements cannot start co-browse
Pop-out engagements cannot start the co-browse feature, so bear in mind the following:
- Only use a pop-out engagement if you are sure that the escalation to co-browse feature is not part of the workflow that you are building.
- When configuring the Engagement window, you can disable the Pop-out option on the Menu Elements window.
Adding your logo to the window
To add your logo to the window:
- Click the Add elements button to display the menu.
- Check the Logo checkmark, then click + Add.
- Enter the Image URL. and check the Image URL checkmark to apply the URL.
- Select a background color, if required.
Note: If your logo is not wide enough to fill the window, the background color is displayed to fill the available space.
- Choose the position of the logo.
You can align the logo to the left, center or right.
Note: If you add a logo, but do not add an image, an red error message is displayed on the page; add your image URL to remove this error message.
Adding an image to the window
You can also customize the window by adding an image; for security reasons, images must be hosted over HTTPS.
To add an image to the window:
- Click the Add Elements button to display the menu.
- Check the Image checkmark, then click Select
- Select an image from the Gallery, or select Custom to add your own image.
- Select a background color, if required.
Note: If your image is not wide enough to fill the window, the background color is displayed to fill the available space.
You can also make additional functionality available; this includes the following options for your consumers:
- To print or receive an email transcript of the conversation
- To hear sounds when they receive a new message
- To adjust the appearance of the menu
To add additional functionality to your window:
- Click + Add Elements, then Menu elements
- Select the action to add.
A preview is displayed.
- To change the font or color of the Menu elements, click on an element in the embedded engagement window.
The Menu look and feel is displayed
- Change the font, background color, and icon setting (dark or light), as required.
In Live Assist, there are several types of surveys—short, online forms that are completed as part of the engagement, as follows:
- Pre-chat survey
Provides agents with information about the visitor, before the chat starts. This allows the agent to better understand the needs of the visitor. The visitor’s details are displayed in the Agent Workspace.
- Post-chat survey
Presented to the visitor after the chat. The visitor is asked to rate the service provided in the chat. This information can then be used to evaluate your agents.
- Offline survey
Presented to the visitor when no agents are available to chat. The visitors is informed that an agent will follow up with them during regular business hours. This ensures a better experience for your visitor, and offers you another opportunity to chat with them.
Note: An additional type of survey, the Agent survey, does not apply to the Live Assist solution, as your agents are handling chats in the Dynamics CRM.
To create a survey:
- In the Engagement window studio, click the Views drop-down menu to display the list of surveys.
- Click the survey to edit.
- Click the question to edit.
- Enter your question, then select Question type.
- If you want the question to be mandatory, check Required question, then click Done.
- To add a new question, click + Add Question.
- To finish, click Save.
Adding a routing question to your pre-chat survey
Adding a routing question to your pre-chat survey ensures that visitors get routed to an agent with the relevant skills. This allows you to provide your visitor with the flexibility to choose the type of assistance that they need, and who they would like to chat with.
- Routing questions interfere with the skill that you selected on the engagement level, so remove the skill definition from any engagement that includes a routing question.
- Each pre-chat survey can contain only one routing question.
To add a routing question:
- In the Engagement window studio, from the Views drop-down menu, select Pre-chat survey.
- Click the question: What is the nature of your inquiry?
This is the default routing question.
- If you want to change the default routing question, click on the Question field, and type the question to display to the visitor.
- If you want this question to be mandatory, check the Required question checkbox.
- From the Skill drop-down menu, attach the related skill.
- To add another answer to the drop-down menu, click Add answer.
- Using the arrow keys, you can change the order of the answers.
- When you have finished, click Done, and then Save.
Adding a CSAT question to your post-chat survey
Asking your consumers to complete a brief survey at the end of a conversation can provide you with valuable input and insights about their experience. The post-chat survey can include questions about the wait time, the information provided, the agent’s service, their overall level of satisfaction, or any other comment your consumer may have.
When creating a post-chat survey, you can ask any of the following questions:
- Was your query resolved?
Use a yes/no radio button
- How would you rate the service provided?
Use a scale combining both numbers and words, for example: 5=excellent, 4=good, 3=average, 2=poor or 1=extremely poor
- How likely is it that you would recommend [Your Company] to a friend or colleague?
Use the Net Promoter Score (NPS) scale of 0–10
- Would you like us to send you a transcript of the chat?
Use a yes/no radio button, along with a text area for their e-mail address, and a text area for their comments
Assigning a location to the engagement
Assigning a location to an engagement enables you to target users who visited particular pages of your website, and to narrow down the customers that you want to chat with. You can use one of the predefined locations, such as Entire Website, or focus your targeting on a particular page or set of pages.
To edit the location of your engagement:
- If you want your engagement to appear on every page of your website, click Entire website.
Or, to focus your targeting on a particular page or set of pages, click Add new location. This displays the Add new location page.
- In the top field, enter a location name; press Enter to refresh the page.
- In the drop-down menu, select Contains, Exact, or Advanced. Copy the target URL into the field on the right.
- Click + Add URL to add more URLs.
- To exclude the engagement from specific pages, click + Exclude location, and copy the target URL into the field on the right.
- Click Save.
- When you have finished, click Next. The Visitor behavior library is displayed
Note: Locations are shared throughout your account. If you modify a location, the change is applied to any other engagements that use this location.
Defining the visitor behavior
Live Assist enables you to plan goal-oriented campaigns aimed at specific target audiences. You can create various engagements within each campaign, and display them based on visitor behavior and location on your website.
To define the visitor behavior:
- In the Visitor behavior library, click + Add new.
To select an existing target audience, hover over one of the options, and click Edit.
The Edit target audience dialog box is displayed.
To define a new target audience, click + Add New.
The Add new target audience dialog box is displayed.
- Type a name for your visitor behavior, and add a description.
- To add conditions, select them from the condition list on the left, then click Save.
- To save this visitor behavior, click Done.