As a major point of contact with your consumers, chat surveys offer you a unique opportunity to collect a great deal of valuable information about them, and about how your own Customer Care Professionals are functioning.
In Live Assist, there are three types of surveys; the pre-chat survey, the post-chat survey, the offline survey. A fourth type, Agent Survey, is currently not available via Live Assist for Dynamics 365.
Each of these surveys is a short, online form to be filled out at some stage of the engagement.
The pre-chat survey provides Customer Care Professionals with information about the visitor prior to the onset of the chat. This allows them to better understand the needs of the visitor. The details are displayed in the agent workspace. Read more about the pre- chat survey in the article, Why You Need a Pre-chat Survey.
- Post-chat surveys improve customer satisfaction and help you improve your business. In these surveys, your visitors are asked to rate the service provided in the chat. You can subsequently use this information to evaluate your Customer Care Professionals. Read more about post-chat surveys in the article, Assess Your Consumers’ Experience Post-Chat.
- Offline surveys are presented to visitors when no Customer Care Professionals are available to chat, and they can rest assured that you will follow up with them during regular business hours. This ensures a better experience for your visitors and offers you another opportunity to chat with your customers. Read more about offline surveys in the article, Why You Need an Offline Survey.
- The agent survey is an important tool that allows you to gather data and insights from your agents about their conversations with consumers. Gathering data from the agent's perspective helps you determine and analyze the nature of the chat and understand its outcome. Read more about the agent survey in the article, Gain Insights from Your Agents Post-Chat. Here are some general recommendations to consider when you are designing your surveys:
- Minimize the number of required questions in your surveys. Visitors don’t necessarily want to take the time to send feedback.
- Consider how intrusive your questions are. The answer should be “Not very.”
- Avoid redundancy.
- Stick to the point. Ask only what you need to know to achieve the goal of the survey.
- Limit pre-chat surveys in sales scenarios so you don’t lose a consumer on the way to check-out.
- Use the same creative design in the surveys that you have used for the chat window.
For version 3.4.0 of the Live Assist for Microsoft Dynamics 365 chat package, pre-chat and post-chat survey questions are handled in the following way:
- There is a maximum length of 500 characters per question. Any questions longer than 500 characters will prevent the chat activity from being created when the chat is grabbed.
- Questions which are longer than 250 characters will be truncated in the Chat Activity field to 246 characters and include a suffix of "...";
- There is a new field in the "survey item" CRM entity which that can store up to 1000 characters which will hold whole content of the question. The field is called "cxlvhlp_question_extended". This can be used by the CRM Web API to access the full question if required.