Chat users are created in the Office 365 suite, which includes Dynamics, and then synchronized automatically with Live Assist. To create a user, you must have administrator privileges in Office 365.
Step 1: Go to the Office 365 Admin Center
- Click on the "Applications" icon at the upper left of the main panel.
- Select "Admin".
Step 2: Add a User
- Click on "Add a user".
- Fill in new user details.
3. Assign the user a product license then click Next. Review the Optional settings then hit Next.
4. Review the details and then click "Finish adding" to create the user.
Step 3. Assign a Dynamics role
- Return to your Dynamics application.
- Select Settings > Security.
- Select "Users".
- Select your user and click "Manage Roles".
- Add a Dynamics role for the user and save it.
For instance agents could have the Customer Service Representative role, together with Customer service app access and Channel Access roles.
Step 4: Assign a Live Assist Chat Role
Navigate to the Live Assist Admin Portal.
Open Dynamics 365-Custom -> Select Live Assist on the left panel -> Click on Administration Portal.
In the Portal, go to the USERS -> Agents tab.
Within moments, you should see your new user.
- Click on the yellow circle below the user name to enable or disable the user.
- Click on the word "Supervisor" to enable or disable supervisor privileges.