Chat users are created in the Microsoft 365 suite, which includes Dynamics, and then synchronized automatically with Live Assist. To create a user, you must have administrator privileges in Microsoft 365.
- Click on the "App launcher" icon at the upper left of the main panel.
- Select "Admin".
- Click on "Add a user".
- Fill in new user details.
3. Assign the user a product license then click Next. Review the optional settings then hit Next.
4. Review the details and then click Finish adding to create the user.
Go to the Power Platform Admin Center (https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/environments) and select the environment where the user is to be assigned.
On the selected environment, click See all for the Users in Access section.
Then on the Users page, click Add user.
The Add user pane will open on the right-hand side of the page. Enter the name or email address of the created user in the search field then select it on the list of results. Once confirmed the correct user has been selected, hit the Add button.
The Manage security roles pane will open. The Manage security roles panel is also accessible at the header of the Users page once the button beside the user’s name is ticked and at the user details pane once the name of the user is clicked.
Add Dynamics roles for the user and click Save. For instance, agents could have the Customer Service Representative role, Customer service app access, and Channel Access roles.
Navigate to the Live Assist Admin Portal.
Open Live Assist Settings app > click Administration Portal on the left panel
In the Portal, go to the USERS > Agents tab.
Within moments, you should see your new user.
- Click on the yellow circle below the user name to enable or disable the user.
- Click on the word "Supervisor" to enable or disable supervisor privileges.