If the feature is enabled on your organization, an agent can initiate a Voice and Video Escalation as follows:
See also: Voice and Video Escalation
- From the call options displayed, select Start a Video Call
Note: If instead you want to start a voice call (audio only), click on Start an audio call
When you connect for the first time, Live Assist for Microsoft Dynamics 365 requests access to use your camera and microphone. To share your video and audio in the meeting, you must click Allow (other browsers present differently).
For example, if you are using Google Chrome, the notification looks like the following:
- Your video panel opens
Note: There is a setting to embed the video in the normal chat panel, if required. See: Open in a new window
- On the customer's chat panel, they are invited to click Accept to join the call
The voice and video call connects, and the customer's video panel opens.
- If you need to change the camera or microphone/speakers in use, click on Settings
and select the most appropriate devices.
- If the customer needs to minimize the video window, to view more of their screen, they can click on Minimize
- When you have finished the voice and video conversation, click on Leave Meeting.
Important: Visitors on mobile browsers (Android / Safari) should not be engaged with Voice and Video Escalations. Agents should only attempt to escalate chats when the Visitor's Information shows their device is DESKTOP: