In the Live Assist for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Administration Portal, you can request the redaction of stored chats. After a chat is redacted, the lines of the transcript, pre-chat surveys, and post-chat surveys are replaced with redaction text.
This can be used to remove a visitor's PII (Personal Identifiable Information) from Live Assist, to comply with GDPR legislation and your visitors' right to be forgotten and right to erasure.
When a Chat Session ID has been submitted for redaction, it is not redacted immediately—it remains in place for at least 5 days, and for no more than 25 days. Until the chat is redacted, you can still retrieve it in one of the following ways:
- Using the Transcript API,
- Through the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Chat Activity records, or
- Through the Live Assist Engagement Portal.
• Information stored in the Dynamics CRM cannot be redacted through this process—information such as contact records must be deleted through the CRM.
• Only completed chats can be redacted.
• Carefully consider the impact of submitting Chat Sessions for redaction. Transcript redaction is permanent, and when a transcript is redacted, there is no way to restore it. It is also not possible to revoke a redaction request.
Redacting a Transcript
Step 1—Create a Deletion Key in the Engagement Portal
- Visit the Engagement/Supervisor Portal.
- Select Manage Campaigns and Engagements and view the Data Sources page:
- Select the API tab and click + Add New
- The API Key must have an Application name and Developer name. Under Data check Personal Data Deletion
- When saved, you can view the Authentication Details: App key, Secret, Access token, and Access token secret. These details must be specific to the Live Assist Admin Portal.
Step 2—Load the key into the Live Assist Admin Portal
- From the Live Assist Admin Portal, select Links > Chat Redaction
- Only one API Key can be specified. Specify the attributes from the Authentication Details generated.
Step 3—Finding Chat Session IDs to redact
- The Chat Session ID is available on the Chat Activity from within Microsoft Dynamics 365
Step 4—Submit Chat Session IDs for deletion
- Chat Session IDs can be specified in the text field. If you need to mark more than one for redaction, you can provide a comma-separated list.
- Redaction can take up to 35 days to occur. The chat transcript and surveys are replaced with redaction text.