Chat Activities have the following new fields:
Chat origin: Indicates how the chat was started. Possible options are:
Web, if it was started from a browser interaction;
Mobile, if it was initiated by a customer using our Android or IOS applications. Note that if visitors start chats through their browsers in mobile devices, the chat origin will be marked as “Web”;
Bot, if the visitor was connected to a bot before a human agent;
Is Customer Authenticated: “No” for unauthenticated chats. “Yes” will be marked if there is a CRM contact associated with the chat. Note that a chat may begin as unauthenticated and the agent can create a contact in CRM and associate it with the chat.
Source Page URL: Indicates the URL of the visitor when the chat started.
Agent Client Type: Possible options are:
Web, if the agent is logged on to Live Assist for 365 in a browser;
USD, if the agent is running Unified Service Desk;
Chat Transfers: counts the number of transfers for a conversation. This value is populated seconds after the chat ends.
Co-Browse Sessions: Indicates the number of Co-browse sessions that happened during a chat.
Bot analytics values have also been added.
- Chatbot Name
- This shows the name of the chat bot (and is populated automatically by the Model 1 bots).
- This can be populated by Model 2 bots to show which channel the bot was operating in.
- Bot Escalation
- Shows if the bot escalated the chat to a human agent (and is populated automatically by the Model 1 bots).
- Escalated On
- Shows when a human agent accepts a chat that a bot transfers to them. Live Assist populates this value automatically.
- Article Public Number
- This is the identifier for an article the bot may have referred the customer to.
- Associated Knowledge Article
- The article which a bot may have referred the customer to.
- Read by Customer
- If the customer opened the article or not.
If you are using Model 2 bots, you will be responsible for populating the Bot analytics values. Please see Microsoft’s developer guide on how to do this.
Model 1 bots only populate the values indicated above.